Tuesday is Math Station Day in Sixth Grade!

On Tuesdays, sixth graders work in groups of four on activities that deepen their understanding of the concepts we are learning in math.  We call this work "math stations".

As we are beginning our fraction unit, stations include games, videos, word problems, and puzzles that have to do with factors, multiples, and ordering fractions, percents, and decimals.  










Today the classroom was buzzing.  Mr. Choi and Mrs. Rachuri heard things like:





"Three-eighths is bigger than one fifth."
"I’m crossing out all the numbers divisible by 4."
"All the numbers left are prime numbers."
"Let’s say you have 3 percent. That means it’s 3 over 100!"
"I got it right!" 
"I did think it was twelve-thousand-something."
"Can you reduce 0 over 6?"
"I already know it’s not going to be able to be divided by 5." 
"I never knew it was that easy!"









  



Popular Posts