8th grade students created self-portraits 
essays and artwork.  


“...Jehová no mira lo que mira el hombre; 
porque el hombre mira a lo que está delante de sus ojos, 
pero Jehová mira el corazón.” 

"...for the Lord does not see as man sees; 
for the man looks at the outward appearance, 
but the Lord looks at the heart.  1 Samuel 16:7

Here are some of their thoughts 
about who they are on the inside and outside.  
I added translations below each statement. 

"Yo a veces soy paciente.
Yo soy muy creativo pero
Yo no soy silencioso.
Yo soy amable
y muy gracioso."
--Patrick
I am sometimes patient. 
I am very creative but I am not silent.
Y am kind and very funny.  



"Yo me esfuerzo para hacer lo mejor
en todo lo que hago."--Xavier
I strive to do the best I can in all I do.  




"Yo pienso que el cambio es parte de la vida.
¿Te gusta el cambio ¿Es el cambio bueno o malo para tí?"--Logan
I think that change is part of life.
Do you like change? Is change good or bad for you?



Yo soy una persona musical, artística, y creativa.
Me gusta la música porque es interesante y calmante para mí.
Yo pienso que la música es un idioma que conecta a las personas."-- Gabe
I am a musical, artistic and creative person.
I like music because it is interesting and calming to me. I think that music is a language that connects people.


"Esforzarme me enseña que tengo la fuerza dentro de mí
para pasar todas las pruebas con gran éxito.
Mi fuerza me traerá paz al final."-- Madalena
To push myself teaches me that I have the strength I need within me
to overcome challenges with great success.
My strength will bring me peace in the end.


Yo pienso que si eres amable con los demás, te tratarán muy bien.
¿Qué tipo de persona eres?"--Sophie
I think that if you are kind, others will treat you well.
What type of person are you?



"Yo pienso que todos peleamos por cosas importantes." --- Mireya
I think we all fight for important things. 


7th grade students research write about the Incas as they continue to more independently write descriptive sentences.  
We wondered who made Machu Picchu?
Was it genius?  


Image result for llama in peru

Una llama en Machu Picchu.


Image result for llama sculpture inca

La llama de oro
Las esculturas de llamas estan hecho de oro y metales.
Los incas usan el oro para los objetos de adoración al dios del sol.  
A gold llama. The llama sculptures were made of gold and other metals.
The Incas used gold in objects used in worship to the sun god.




Image result for sapa inca

El gobierno inca fue llamado tawantinsuyu.
El imperio Inca era una monarquía.
Fue gobernado por un líder llamado el Sapa Inca.







6th grade students are investigating the biodiversity of the tropical rainforest of the Amazon.  They will soon become experts on el bosque tropical.  They will research an animal and create slide presentation to will share with their classmates. 









New vocabulary hangs all around the class walls.  Students construct a wall chart that will scaffold classroom conversation and investigations.  









They will end the unit by writing haikus 
and illustrating their animal using a simple ink and printing process.  



Popular Posts