Reading Buddies According to the Sixth Graders

What is reading buddies?

Niki: "Reading buddies is a time in school where the sixth graders get to meet one or a few kindergartners and read their choice of books to them. It is really fun to get to know someone in lower school, because you don't always know what is happening in lower school unless you have a sibling there."

What are your favorite things about reading buddies? 

Niki: "I like connecting with my buddies. Every time, I learn something new about them and we can make connections about our lives. I think everyone should have the opportunity to read to a younger student and get to know them."

Maximus: "It is fun seeing how small they are. It reminds me of how small I used to be. It is also fun seeing them goof around with each other because they are friends."

Kaitlyn: "I enjoy spending quality time with the little kids. The more I get to read with them, the more I learn about them and get to know more of their personality. I like that it is lower school because we don't really know what is going on, so it is interesting to go down there and explore the little-kid world."

Roma: "One thing I like about reading buddies, is that all the kids are super nice. "

Mariacarla: "I think it joins together two different grades who are never really aware of each other, and it is a nice mix. "


What do reading buddies look like? 

Popular Posts